Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Fever

If I was the athletic type, I probably would have done cartwheels down the sidewalk yesterday in what felt like the first real day of spring.

New York winters can feel long, especially with 2 young children at home who seem to have inherited my dislike for the cold weather. Now I have to show some restraint and not start packing up my winter clothes, sprucing up my toes with a pedicure for open toed shoes, and leaving the house without a coat. I know I'll regret it (except maybe the pedicure). I do however plan to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts but I know that weather can be flighty and can dampen my enthusiasm quicker than I reach for a cup of coffee each morning.

Spring also brings with it the challenge of transitional season dressing. We recently photographed some of our favorite styles for our website and this outfit is a great option. The jeans are a straight leg option from J Brand ($187). The denim is super soft and light weight, so you wont feel restricted when the temperatures really start to soar. The blouse is by Yumi Kim, a contemporary designer we adore whose vintage inspired silk prints drape beautifully while pregnant or not.

So here's to keeping the windows open, playing with my children outside and planning a pedicure in the not so distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment