Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shoes

I love shoes. It hasn't always been the case. Growing up on a farm it was function above fashion, although I will say I was wearing Hunter wellies 20 years before they were chic. I was once caught hacking away at the toes of very practical pair of laces ups with a handsaw having been told that I could get a new pair when the current ones 'wore out'. I improvised.

My affection for footwear began when I moved to New York 12 years ago and I would find myself foot gazing on the subway longing for the confidence and budget to wear some of the exquisite styles I saw. My confidence and budget have come and gone in waves over the years, but I rest well at night knowing that I have some divine pairs waiting safe and sound in their dust bags for the right moment to make an appearance.

My footwear needs have changed with motherhood and I'm always looking for a comfortable yet stylish pair of shoes. A lot of customers have asked us about great shoes for pregnancy, so when a line of shoes by Sue London was suggested to us we were hopeful that we might have found the perfect match for Bump.

When we visited their Meatpacking store on Wednesday we went in wearing ballet flats and left wishing we were wearing Sue London ballet flats! They are quite simply the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever put on - definitely no need to break them in. Made from the softest leather, with a wonderfully cushioned sole and just the perfect amount of toe-cleavage. We were sold as soon as we put them on.

So starting tomorrow, we're really excited to be Brooklyn's only destination to buy these wonderful ballet flats. We'll be carrying them initially black, silver, gold and a really rich mauve. While they are definitely not inexpensive at $168, we really hope that the comfort, style and longevity of the shoes will win everyone over the same way they did us. I for one will certainly have a much more stylish spring in my step as I walk to work (or the playground) this spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment