Thursday, February 18, 2010

Stretch mark creams - are they worth it?

We sell 3 kinds of stretch mark creams at Bump. The million dollar question is do they work?

This is purely unscientific, but I've used all brands we carry and I never got stretch marks during both my pregnancies. The cream? Genetics? Poor eye sight? I can't say, but what I do know is that moisture can never be bad for your body, pregnant or not.

Our first stretch mark cream is by Barmon. I used this during my first pregnancy, and in the spirit of full disclosure, it's my brother-in-laws company so I'm a little partial. His father bought the company when his wife was pregnant with their first child. It has a mild kiwi scent and it is wonderfully rich.

Our second stretch mark cream is the oh baby! belly butter by Mambino organics. This is a super rich, lush body butter. I love the mango scent - delicious. The Mambino line was created LA's top Aesthetician, Maki Maodus, who used to work with Ole Henricksen. All ingredients are organically grown.

The last stretch mark cream we carry is from Basq, a wonderful skin care company founded by 2 New York mothers who felt there was a need for a truly great skin care line specifically for pregnant women. The cream is very luxurious and has a really delicate aroma.

All the creams are priced around $30 so it really comes down to what scent works best for you and how much your hormones are reeking havoc on your senses!

No comments:

Post a Comment