Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Nursing

Something I hear all the time at Bump is "I would totally wear that if I wasn't pregnant."  It is everything we set out to achieve - clothes to wear while pregnant that don't make you feel like you are giving up your sense of style.

Nursing is a whole other issue.

Dressing for nursing is tough.  Even though you no longer house your baby, you still share your body, and your post pregnancy body adjustment can be fraught.  Even when you tell yourself "Nine months on, nine months off" your once perky C cups are pushing E and leaking.  

We've always worked really hard at finding nursing clothes that were as fashionable and practical as possible but the pickings have been slim - until now.


I know it's wrong to have favorites, but I do love this piece by Dote and wish we'd had it last summer when I was scrambling to nurse my infant daughter, play with my 3 year old son, stay cool and avoid jeans.  We have a great assortment of nursing pieces from Dote, a wonderful company who doesn't just 'make' nursing clothes, they actually 'design' nursing clothes.  Her designs are always classic, beautifully constructed and flattering to the nursing body.



Founded, designed and operated by mother of three, Miravos is another line that has set the bar very high for nursing fashion.  Her designs never scream "I'm nursing, look at my big boobs".  She has created such elegant, understated clothing with invisible nursing access.  Made from dreamy soft bamboo, every piece drapes but doesn't cling.

Milk Stars is another wonderful nursing line that has kept things simple but certainly not unfashionable.  This particular style has nursing access through the arm hole which is absolutely ingenious.  I just adore the gorgeous emerald green.

So if you find yourself in a fashionable nursing predicament - don't despair, there is hope out there.




No comments:

Post a Comment